We are one of the largest and most sophisticated rehabilitation facilities in the nation and the designated rehabilitation & orthopaedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System. The atmosphere and our approach to care is innovative, supportive and one that moves healing and career growth into motion.
Here, you will have the opportunity to work with world-class physicians and specialists, highly dedicated and experienced therapists and many other members of our interdisciplinary team. There are an amazing array of clinical areas where you can experience the types of challenges and advancements in treatment hard to find anywhere else. For example:
- The area's premier Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury/Multiple Trauma, Stroke and Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Programs.
- Surgical specialties, including joint replacement, arthroscopics, hand and upper extremities, treatment for spine conditions, pediatric orthopaedics and more.
- A broad range of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational, recreational, speech and language therapies.
- State-of-the art therapeutic programs such as: VitalStim, electrical stimulation for patients with swallowing disorders, H200 and specialized splinting programs for the patients with limited use of their upper extremities and the Lokomat, robotic treadmill for assisted gait training and more.
- Unique specialty centers such as the nationally renowned Earl and Frances Clem Cleft Lip and Palate Program and the University of Maryland Pain Management Center.
- Facilities that set the standard for rehabilitative care, such as our William Donald Schaefer Rehabilitation Center and our tranquil 85-acre wooded campus, complete with Healing Garden, which promotes healing and nurtures the spirit.
As one of eight outstanding hospitals that comprise the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we have the clinical and educational resources that help professionals like you reach new heights in their career.
Founded over a century ago, Kernan has a rich history of helping patients defy limitations, change outcomes and regain their independence. This is a mission we continue to this day. Why not join Kernan and discover a place that puts spectacular careers in motion.